30 Apr Digital Banking Success Story – ABSA
Using social media to redefine customer experience
Absa has redeﬁned the traditional banking experience by creating a fully integrated banking solution using the WhatsApp service. Absa Chat-Banking on WhatsApp is an automated messaging system available to Absa account holders. This innovation allows users to perform simple banking on their preferred chat platform, using conversational language and short cut commands. It is a breakthrough in banking technology which enables customers to conduct their banking activities without ever having to leave the prevalent messenger app. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch, anytime and anywhere. Accessing ChatBanking on WhatsApp is simple. In a one-time only process, Absa customers can access the service from their favourite chat platform if they hold an Absa account. Absa says that in excess of 100,000 customers have registered since the bank launched its secure, fully integrated ChatBanking on WhatsApp service on 11 July 2018.
As part of the ground-breaking offering, Absa customers will be able to use ChatBanking on WhatsApp to conduct the following transactions:
- Get the actual and available balance on your transactional account.
- Buy airtime, data or SMS bundles for the cellphone registered to your account.
- Get a mini-statement showing the last three transactions on your account.
- Buy pre-paid electricity for selected municipalities.
- Make a payment to an existing beneﬁciary that you have paid at least twice before.
- View your Absa Rewards balance, if you are regis-tered for this program.
- Redeem your Absa Rewards balance as cash or airtime.
- View a free mini credit report powered by TransUnion.